Motivated by making an impact, I build products and services that improve our way of life.
I believe in helpful communities and leveraging technology + business for social good.
You can learn more at my digital garden. 🌱
Questions I'm thinking about
My broader interests can be mapped across time(past, present, future) and scale/orders of magnitude (individual, community, world).
I currently act on it via building things within communities.
- Sustainable Development Goals: "How can we achieve a more sustainable world and future?"
- Effective Altruism: "How can we do the most good?"
Individual + Community
- FARTSx: "How can we improve our feelings, actions, thoughts, relationships, and situations/environments?"
- Communities: "How can we foster inclusive, helpful, innovative, equitable communities?"
- Conversations: "How can we learn from and help each other?"
I enjoy speaking on topics related to technology, applied psychology, the people/product aspect of innovation, and community building.
- Asbury Agile Conference: “Modernizing legacy applications through UX microservices”
- Jersey Shore Tech Meetup: "Focusing on the Developer Experience (DX)"
- Linux Foundation Open Source Summit Europe: "Open Sourcing Mentorship, why and how"
- JSConf US Conference: “The joy of mentoring by taking the pressure off it”
- MongoDB World: "What if ... we open source mentorship?"
- DrupalCon: "Open Sourcing Mentorship"
- Moderated and organized hackathon panel: “Forking your career, committing to tech, and pushing for impact”
- Girls Who Code: “The three questions I asked myself in tech”
- All Star Code: "Making an impact through code and UX"
- Hour of Code, Computer Science Education Week: “Coding is a superpower, personalize it”
I champion for a more inclusive, diverse tech community. If I can help you, send me a note!